Sunday, December 28, 2008

I will not vote tomorrow

I’m still struggling to decide if I would vote tomorrow. The struggle is unique as I did not vote during the last three CTG periods. Wife and well-wishers are suggesting going and voting for ‘no’ which I find useless. Why one should stand in queue for hours to vote ‘no? This facility should have been offered on-line!

Any way, my argument is simple: voting turns you into numbers, which I refuse to become. Moreover, my voting is not that important as no change will occur through my voting. By voting I don’t want to loose my neutrality. Worst still, you become labeled and branded. One anonymous said; voting is like going to a slave auction where you are the slave, but are allowed to choose which master you will serve. I don’t want to be a slave. Nonvoting is also a democratic right. And I want to exercise that right.

No comments: